Monday, August 22, 2011

Salsa! Ole!

I realize I already blogged a "recipe of the day" but this is my blog and I do what I want, so heres another one. (I did in fact make both today).This is what I like to call the "Salsa that has most of the things I hate in it mixed all together which in turn creates delciousness??" But seriously. I HATE onions, despise them as a matter of fact. This salsa, has TWO different kinds of onions in it. So while any other recipes I always omit onion, just dont do it people. The best thing about this recipe is that every summer my neighbor grows lots of fresh produce so not only do I get the best ingredients, but theyre free! I got hooked on this salsa last year when a district principal gave a jar to my mom. I just kept asking for it and he kept giving me more, to the point where the recipe just HAD to be given. To my delight, I found out it was not in fact a "secret family recipe" and it would soon be in my grasp! So now Ive been granted the rights to share it with you lovely people as well so herrrrre it is!




8 large tomatoes washed and diced into small pieces (add a few romas to make it thicker)
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup chopped bell peppers (I use a bit of each stoplight peppers)
6-8 jalapeno peppers
2 bunches cilantro
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp salt
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup minced garlic

*my added touch to make this "my own" is a grate lime zest into the salsa, gives it a little extra zing!

This salsa is AMAZING with the Food Should Be Good brand lime chips! Hope you all love it as much as I do! :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment