Monday, August 22, 2011

Adventures in Breakfasting!

I'm not sure how often I will be able to (financially) do so but Id like to start a blog "chapter" entitled "Adventures in Breakfasting" after obviously one of the best movies of all time...

-------->
...this part meaning a search for the perfect Minnesota breakfast. I shall do it once a week or once a month depending on my bank account (feel free to send donations ;-) haha). Currently my favorites are The Uptowner, off Lexington and Grand in St Paul as it is around the corner from my super cute boyfriends house, has portions the size of Texas (thus creating more breakfasts for the price of one) oh annnnd it's delicious with a great staff. While my mom was away in Canada me and my papa had our own little breakfast adventures, my favorite he introduced me to being Hot Plate by Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis. The atmosphere is what I would call "creepily fun." Yes, creepily, is TOTALLY a word. The walls are surrounded with weird Paint by Number pictures, sad faced clowns, little ballerinas, Lassie dogs and most importantly lots of Jesus'...I have only had one breakfast there bc after eating it you too will decide, why even look at the menu? The Mexican Omelette people. Stuffed to capacity with Chorizo sausage, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, onions (which remember I omit, blah), topped with their own Chipotle sauce and a dollop of sour cream. It's amazing. Theres no other words for it. I made it official the first time I had it and stick to my word as calling it THE best breakfast I have ever had. Complete with a huge white frothy topped mocha, this place is to die for. So I shall continue my happy breakfast trails and inform you all of these delicious locations, maybe even bad ones...and you in turn shall make suggestions to continue me on my search for the best breakfast in Minnesota. Carry on and breakfast on my friends! :-)




This is "THE" breakfast and "THE" mocha....Mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment