Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dont "start on Monday," start TODAY

Food blog/weight loss blog, Oxymoron??
Practice what you Preach.
I surely can't be on here blogging about yummy (healthy) food if I'm not following my own advice all the time. I also believe you can be a foodie and be in shape. I can say that I've always been pretty comfortable with myself no matter what size I am. Was I happier skinny? Not neccessarily. Do I like being overweight? Not in the least. I may be "fat and happy" but most important is the health aspect. Im a pretty active person, both jobs I run around for a good portion of my day, I play ball for a little over half the year, I get in good habits of mall walking with Daddy in the winter, but what about summer, there are times where I ROCK at working out, but Id be lying if I said Im diligent always. There needs to be a routine I don't break with eating and staying active. So here I start the weight loss journey part of this blog. I know I need to want it for it to work, but I also know when I have people who believe in me holding me accountable Im a zillion times more motivated to do so, I hate letting people down. I will weigh-in once a week and give you guys the news, good or bad. If you all have workout tips or healthy recipes you'd like to share with me, Id love to hear your thoughts! As I go about my journey I'll share tools that work for me as well. I guess this is where I leave you with my "before" picture and challenge you, if you'd like to join me, on the blog, at the gym, cooking healthy recipes, to do so. Even if you decide you dont have the time to give imput to help motivate me, I'll always be here for you cheering you on in any aspect of life. So load up that ipod, go for a run/walk, read a good book and ponder what YOU would like help with, if anything and get back to me or start taking the steps if you'd like to take a "journey" on your own.


"The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare."



Song of the Day: Matt & Kim "Dont Slow Down"








1 comment: