Saturday, May 3, 2014

Not gluten free, Not healthy but they make me 'APPY!

If there's one thing I can't get enough of in food land, besides pizza and tacos, it's appetizers.

They're generally easy,   mostly crock-pot adaptable and they make EVERYONE'S bellies happy. Unless of course there's something seriously wrong with you...
I know it's so much more exciting when there are photos and you'd think given how often I make them there would be photographic evidence, however, today there are none. You're just going to have to suck it up and trust me! (You've seen what I can do so this part should be easy...)

So here we go on my tour of my all-time favorite go-to, must-have apps!


You just can't go wrong with anything buffalo chicken, and if you think it's wrong, baby, I don't wanna be right. Dips, Egg Rolls, Sandwiches, meatballs, pizza, the possibilities are endless. But my first ever, is my best ever and so here it is

#1 Requested:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 large cans shredded chicken(if you're an elitist and you just can't do the can, rotisserie is always a great sub)
2 blocks cream cheese (I use nefcheutel)
1 cup ranch or bleu cheese dressing
1 cup Frank's hot sauce
1 cup sharp shredded cheddar

Crock pot low all day and if you don't have enough time, on high for at least 3 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

#2 Requested:

Reuben Dip

1 can sauerkraut 
4 packages Carl Buddig Corned Beef
1/2 Thousand Island Dressing
8 oz. swiss cheese
1 block Cream Cheese (again I use nefcheutel, if I can spare the calories and not the taste, I always will)

Throw all ingredients in crock pot, 4 hours high or low all day. The longer you cook this one the better it gets. This recipe IS GLUTEN FREE, however you'll just have to dip with gluten free pretzels. My favorite thing to dip with is the flat pretzels or top the mini rye breads from the bakery section.

*another cooks tip: I never liked sauerkraut until this recipe, I cook the kraut in a frying pan for 10- minutes or so to brown and take out the extra sour and it's TOTALLY worth the additional time!

#3 Requested:

The always simple

Corned Beef Pickle Dip
*Everyone always loves those roll-ups, who doesn't? but I love this dip even more!

2 packages cream cheese softened (nefcheutel)
1 8 oz. light sour cream
4 packages Carl Buddig Corned Beef, sliced and diced
1 small jar pickle relish

Mix all ingredients together and cool for at least an hour.
The easiest way i've found to do the beef is just grab a pair of scissors and cut into strips and then into little squares. this is probably the hardest part of the recipe, so if you can't do that, I fear for whomever you cook for...Let's be honest.

Serve with crackers.

#4 Requested:

Hot and Cheesy Bruschetta Dip

anything with cheese sells itself, lets get real. Not only is this a favorite but it's also a Pampered Chef recipe! Which I love of course, because well, I'm a consultant and any shameless plug I can throw in is good ;-)


I've made this several ways. as a dip, as a topper, served with bread, on top of puff pastry. This recipe is so versatile!

The recipe can be found on my website!

 http://new.pamperedchef.com/pws/pearlgrl/recipe/Appetizers+%26+Snacks/Hot+%26+Cheesy+Bruschetta+Dip/452005

And I guess, while you're there, if you wannnnted, you could check out our new products for Spring/Summer too! :-)

 Last but certainly not least 

#5 Requested:

Okay, it may not seem shameless anymore because it's another Pampered Chef recipe, but this one's a serious party fave...and it's my job so, ya know, get over it.

Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie

I think people think brie and they think difficult and hoity toity, but it's easy and it'll make people THINK you're a fancy pants super star! That recipe can also be found on my website.

 http://new.pamperedchef.com/pws/pearlgrl/recipe/Appetizers+%26+Snacks/Tangy+Pepper-Pecan+Brie/75013

I hope you've thoroughly enjoyed Appy Hour with me and if you have any questions about cooking, adaptations I may have etc. please feel free to ask!

'Appy Cooking! :-)

*side note Gavroche, from Les Miserables, is my favorite character so as I typed, Appy over and over, I was 'appily sayin it in my best Gavroche accent.
You're Welcome. 




 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I kinda lied...ALL the recipes ARE in fact gluten free, the bread and crackers for dipping is what makes them not. But there are plenty of gluten free crackers and pretzels you can find to keep it gluten free!

    ReplyDelete