Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dorito Taco Bake: The Glorified Nacho

I was scrolling through Facebook the other day and up popped a recipe for Dorito Taco Bake. It looked simple, it looked yummy and it looked like it just needed to be in my belly. Plus- gluten free.
So I picture texted Trev and said plllllllease....?

I got to work the next day and I had more people come up to me and ask for the recipe than ever before. My first thought was sure Trevor makes it and it's the most wanted recipe, seriously?! I sent a message to him letting him know everyone was dying for it to which he responded:

"really? it's like the dumbest recipe ever, it's glorified nachos!"

Well these glorified Nachos were delicious!





I had a few questions from people though:

Trevor HATES lettuce warmed up in any capacity...did it taste weird??
-No crispy!
Did the chips get all soggy from the tomatoes??
-Nope Crunchety!
Did you eat the whole pan?
-Close! ;-)

So here it is, in all it's glory:

Glorified Nachos

1 7oz. bag Nacho cheese Doritios, crushed
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 8oz package Cheddar
1 8oz. package Mozzarella
Shredded Lettuce
Sliced Tomato

Layer Ingredients in 9x13 pan. crushed chips, meat, seasonings, 2/3 cheese, lettuce, tomato and remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Annnnnnnd SCENE.

Happy Cooking!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment