Monday, May 5, 2014

Gettin' Preppy With it






I know, I know...what do I, the unmarried, non-mommy know about time management and organization? 
If you consider jobs, like babies, then, I'm like octo-mom. So if I have time, YOU have time. 

I cannot stress the importance of prepping. It may LOOK impossible, but it sets you up for at least a week, of breakfast, snacks, lunches and sometimes even dinner. I spend about an hour on Sundays prepping (when I'm on point). I prep for the two of us. I created a "snack station" a little over a year ago that is filled primarily with healthy under 100 calorie snacks. There's no excuse for not having time to grab something when that's there and why waste money on expensive, unhealthy gas station snacks when you're on the go. 




While we're using the MyFitnessPal app I also try and figure out the calories in each snack pack and post it on each container. Yes, this takes more time, but if you know what calories you have to work with for the day, more or less, it's a lot easier to input and stay on track for the day. 

VARIETY IS KEY.

Here are some examples of things i've put in our Snack Packs:

*Hummus 
*Veggies
*fruits (fresh and canned)
* pretzel thins
*hard boiled eggs
*caprese salad
*sandwich thin sandwiches
*salami cuts
*cheese cuts
*cashews
*cinnamon almonds
*mini quesadillas
*string cheese

Happy Prepping!! :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment