Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pinterest: it's whats for dinner (and dessert!)

For dinner tonight I decided to try out some Pinterest recipes, made some adaptations for taste and to make it all gluten free.

For dinner I made Cafe Rio Chicken



There are several things that make this recipe easy:
*very few ingredients 
*Crockpot

The recipe is as follows:
2 lbs chicken
1/2 small bottle zesty italian dressing
1 pkt hidden valley ranch dip mix (I used my homemade gf ranch)
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder (I used homemade gf taco seasoning)
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup water

Throw all ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours
or high for 4-6 hours. I always think the longer you cook the better. I shredded the chicken and laid it over a bed of Archer Farms Southwestern Quinoa.

350 calories for a cup of the chicken and a serving of the Quinoa. 

 To finish up a yummy food day I made Glazed Orange Bars



This is where all the work you did on making dinner healthy goes pfft.
But it was delicious and totally worth it!

Here's Where I found the recipe and only had to switch out the flour for gf flour to make it edible for my dear heart....

 http://www.butterwithasideofbread.com/2013/03/glazed-orange-bars.html

Happy Cooking! 
:-)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment