Monday, April 28, 2014

Just call me Emilia: Pablano Pasole gets a serious OLE!

I was looking to do some authentic mexican cooking as I love to play around with food from different cultures and well, Mexican is probably mi favorito! ;-) (see what I did there?)

I had never eaten hominy but had heard the word before, never broiled the skin off a pepper or seen an actual tomatillo. So while at first I was overwhelmed, the end result was simpler than I thought and BOY WAS IT WORTH IT!






I followed Rachael Ray's recipe found here:

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=5385

I most definitely topped with fresh avocado (which Trev hates but LOVED with this)
and light sour cream.

It's so hard to even describe the flavor, besides the fact that there are so many textures going on with the hominy and avocado, the lime alerts your tastebuds, the cilantro kicks it up a notch and the smooth avocado just melts in your mouth. 

Feliz Cocina! 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment