Friday, March 28, 2014

Chicken, Proscuitto, Asparagus Roll Ups


So I recently whipped this up on a whim and everyone who ate it was certainly glad I did.
The following post was written after a friend made it for her family:

"Oh my gosh!! My family went crazy over the chicken last night! Trent asked if I had been watching Chopped, on Food Network! Lol seriously start a blog...like today...I don't know how to top it tonight at dinner!"

I informed her I did have a blog but I haven't written in it since 2011! Yikes! So thanks to Katie for the kind words and Kristin K for suggesting I start it up again as well :-)

2 Large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise, to make it thinner and easier to roll
The following ingredients are PER chicken breast:
2 slices thin prosciutto  
1 Tbsp Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
3 spears asparagus

I took each chicken breast, spread on cream cheese, layered with prosciutto, laid 3 spears towards the end of chicken, rolled and placed on EVOO drizzled baking sheet, with the rolled end of chicken face down, so that your chicken doesn't unravel while it bakes. Grind cracked black pepper over top, bc everything's better with a little kick. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.  

Happy Cooking!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment